Bathroom Floor Tiles
Tiles offer a clean, minimalist design with strong options for water and scratch resistance, which are are common in a bathroom.
How to Buy Bathroom Floor Tiles
1. MaterialMost tiles are made from ceramic, porcelain, or natural stone. Ceramic and porcelain tiles have a high resistance to damage caused by water. However, these materials may crack if they fall from a considerable height.
2. SizeThe size of your bathroom determines how many tiles you need. A small bathroom requires less than 20 square feet, while a medium-sized bathroom needs around 30 square feet, and large bathrooms should have between 40 and 50 square feet. The best choices for a small bathroom are large tiles that cover the walls and floors of the room. You can also use large tiles for a medium-sized bathroom, but you should avoid making this choice if your bathroom is spacious enough to allow you to put one or two smaller tiles on each wall instead of using one big tile per wall. For a larger bathroom, opt for smaller tiles and allow empty spaces between them. This will give the illusion of a larger room and make cleaning easier.
3. Wall TilesPeople often use wall tiles to cover ugly bathroom surfaces such as wallpaper or cement. If you are remodeling your bathroom, choose wall tiles that are not too expensive. This way, if you get tired of the tiles, you can easily replace them with another type or color without spending a lot of money.
4. DesignGo for matte tiles that are resistant to scratches and watermarks if your bathroom’s design is modern. Ask an expert to help you choose between glossy and matte tiles if you are not sure.
5. GlazeEven though glazed tiles are more resistant to scratches caused by cleaning, they can get stained or scratched when you use cleaners that contain strong chemicals. Also, be careful with hot water if the tiles have a low resistance to heat because it can create watermarks and damage the surface of your tile.
6. Tiles with Embossed Patterns and CarvingsEmbossed tiles with patterns and carvings not only decorate your bathroom but also make the room’s surface more slip-resistant. However, you can’t clean these tiles as easily because of their intricate shapes and designs.
7. PriceAlthough price is not the most important factor to consider when choosing bathroom tiles, you should avoid saving money on this element. Cheap tiles are cheap for a reason, so don’t sacrifice quality just to save some cash.
8. Size of the Grout HolesA grout hole’s size depends mainly on the width of the grout lines, but people often make the mistake of choosing tiles based on this parameter. The size of grout holes should be determined by the tile’s thickness instead of its width. Remember that you can easily repair damaged tiles, but it is difficult to fix a cracked wall, so choose your bathroom tiles carefully before starting any remodeling project.
Glazed ceramic tile is the most common type of bathroom flooring. Other materials such as concrete, glass, or cork flooring are also gaining popularity.
Hexagon TilesThese shower tiles are perfect for modern bathrooms because they are stylish and elegant. They come in different colors, but white tones are the best choices for bathrooms with dark floors because you can create an interesting contrast that highlights them.
Rectangular TilesRectangular tiles cover a larger surface area, so they are the best choice for large bathrooms. If you want to make your bathroom look classy and elegant, go for marbles or matte tiles in neutral colors such as grey, brown, and cream.
Tessellated TilesThis type of shower tile comes with many small squares that form a mosaic. You can use them to decorate your bathroom in numerous ways, including creating patterns or covering up ugly surfaces such as cement. If you choose to tile your bathroom floor, pick small tiles that are easy to clean and maintain.
Linear TilesThese tiles are perfect for bathrooms because they create the appearance of longer spaces. They come in many different colors, so it’s up to you to pick the one that fits your style and design preferences.
Geometric TilesGeometric bathroom tiles mimic natural patterns such as leaves or animal prints, but they are artificial. This means that you can choose any design you like without worrying about how it looks in your bathroom. The best patterns for these tiles include hexagons and triangles.
Compared to other flooring types, bathroom tile flooring comes in the middle. It’s more affordable than hardwood floors, but more expensive than carpet floors. The price range for tiles depends on the quality of the materials.
What’s great about tiles is that you get value for money. Investing in higher-quality tiles will add value to a property and will last longer. However, to successfully add value and longevity to your shower tiles you should ensure proper installation.
Overall, the reason why tiles are widely used in many living and business spaces is due to cost-effectiveness. Not only are they easy to take care of, they are also durable.
Long Life Tile Floors
Shower Floor Tiles
Looking for cheap tiles for your bathroom? All American Flooring is nearby and has great prices on premiere tile brands.
Schedule Free In-Home Estimate
Sign up and our nearest flooring expert will contact you soon!
Shower Floor Tile Installation & Maintenance
Porcelain, Stone and Ceramic TilesPorcelain, stone, and ceramic tiles are usually applied using the same installation method. Here’s a quick summary of the installation process:
- Prepare and lay an underlayment to work as a foundation for the tile
- Cut the tiles to the right shape and size
- Spread the mortar
- Lay down the tiles
- Apply grouting and grout sealant
Engineered TilesEngineered tile is much easier to install and unique because it doesn’t need grout. This method is faster and mess-free. You can plan tile installation within a short period.
As the name suggests, shower floor tiles are designed for the bathroom. Due to its hard and slippery surface, accidents might occur. As a result, it is important to take accident-preventative measures like placing rugs in areas with frequent water or liquid spills on the floor. Place a rug under a sink, at the doorstep of every entrance, or behind the cash register.
By looking at different factors in implementing certain precautions, you can ensure your and that of others. Overall, many love using tiles due to their durable and water-resistant features, making them essential for many living and business spaces.
Yes, bathroom floor tiles are easy to maintain because of the glazed surface. Tiles are completely stain-and mess-free. If there are any accidental spills you can easily wipe or mop the mess away.
To effectively keep your floor bacteria-free, you must consistently clean it using a vacuum cleaner followed by a mop drenched in a cleaning solution. By doing so, you can ensure that your floors are always clean and germ-free.
Installing this flooring type in your homes in a great choice if you’re looking for cost-effective, easy-to-clean and highly durable floors.