Are you searching for the best flooring for a comfortable, warm floor that feels like home, a carpet will suffice.
How to Buy Carpet Flooring
Carpets are a popular flooring choice for many homes. They come in a variety of colors, styles, and textures to fit any décor. The material is also comfortable underfoot and can help reduce noise levels in a room. You can install a carpet on top of most existing floors, making it a versatile option.
However, a carpet is also a high-maintenance material. It requires regular vacuuming and cleaning to keep it in good condition. Carpets can also be expensive to install, depending on the type you choose.
Carpet is undoubtedly the warmest, softest flooring option available. It comes in a wide range of options to match every budget and need. Its natural ability to insulate heat and sound makes it an excellent option for growing families or a cozy bachelor pad.
Modern carpets are designed to withstand today’s active lifestyles. Gone are the days when even high-end carpets were irreparably, prone to damage by simple spills, and left marks after stepping on. Foot traffic, stains, and odors are less of a worry than ever before.
This is a low-profile carpet with tightly packed and looped strands. The clean style is ideal for high-traffic areas. Any space in the home that needs a low-maintenance floor would be a great candidate: common areas, walkways, and entrances.
Pattern carpeting consists of a diverse set of looped fiber and cut heights to achieve a variated look. Depending on the style, this can create a simple, subtle appearance or leave a bold, striking impression.
Texture carpeting has long, crimped yarns for an understated aesthetic that looks great in any room. It feels luxuriously soft to the touch and is incredibly popular with many homeowners.
Frieze (Twist) Carpeting:
Frieze carpeting (also known as twist carpeting) uses tall, twisted yarns to create a longer crimped look. Its long, twisting fibers give the carpet a sense of depth and character that also provides just enough support to feel springy underfoot.
When selecting a carpet, it is essential to keep in mind the many factors that will influence your decision.
- The first step is to consider what type of flooring you want. The material comes in various textures, colors, and styles, so take the time to choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Once you have selected the type you want, you need to decide what size you need. Measure the area you will install the carpet and bring these measurements when shopping. This will ensure that you select a rug that is the appropriate size.
- It is also essential to consider the intensity of the traffic on your floor. If your home has high traffic, you will need a carpet that can withstand wear and tear. If you have children or pets, select a rug that is easy to clean.
- The final factor to consider is the cost. Carpets can be expensive, so it is essential to know your budget.
After knowing the carpet you want, it is time to select a flooring store. Here are some ideas on how to go about it.
- Do some research online and ask for referrals from friends and family members.
- Once you have a few stores in mind, take the time to visit them and compare prices.
- When you find the store that is right for you, ask about the installation process. It is important to know what is included in the service.
By following these simple steps, you can select the best carpet store for your needs.
The price of a carpet will vary depending on the type you choose. Berber carpets are generally less expensive than Saxony carpets. Wool carpets are also more expensive than synthetic carpets. When shopping for a carpet, ask the store to provide you with a written estimate. This will give you an idea of how much the rug will cost.
The installation cost will also vary depending on the type of carpet you select. Carpets that require a lot of preparation, such as seaming or stretching, will be more expensive to install. If you want to replace your existing carpet, the cost will be significantly lower. This is because you may not have to replace the entire floor.
Spill-resistant carpet options available
Unparalleled levels of softness
Warm & Quiet
Flooring Insulates to retain heat & reduce noise
Big discounts for DFW buyers on carpet flooring from trusted brands: Mohawk Carpets, Shaw Floors, Phenix Flooring, and more!
Schedule Free In-Home Estimate
Sign up and our nearest flooring expert will contact you soon!
Carpet Flooring Installation & Maintenance
A carpet floor installation can be straightforward, depending on the type. For adventurous DIYers, installing a carpet is a great way to start a home improvement or interior remodeling project. But if the process seems daunting, it’s best to hire a floor installer. Here is a simple step-by-step guide.
- Remove baseboards and other edge decorations
- Remove & dispose of the old flooring
- Check subfloor for damage, repair if necessary
- Lay down new carpet padding
- Check (or install) tack strips, replace if necessary
- Measure, then cut new carpet flooring to size
- Lay new carpet down and tack into place
- Use a knee-kicker (or similar) tool to stretch carpet
- Cut and remove excess material
- Reinstall baseboards
Keep your carpet in excellent condition all year-round with these simple tips:
- Vacuum carpet flooring often to prevent soil and dirt from embedding on the carpet fibers.
- Hire professional cleaning service every 12-18 months.
- Eliminate stray fibers with scissors – pulling them out may damage your carpet.
- Burnt carpet should be cut with sharp scissors. Depending on the severity of the burn, you may need to patch or replace it.
- Remove dents from heavy furniture by stroking the affected area with the edge of a coin. Hair dryers or steam irons are useful for deep impressions, but take care not to singe the carpet.
- If there is extensive water damage, contact a professional cleaning service. Large spills and standing water can seep down into the underlayment beneath the carpet.
Knowing a few, simple cleaning tips and tricks can lengthen the lifespan of carpet.
- Clean up spilled liquids as soon as possible.
- Remove spilled food with a spoon, then gently blot with a mild mixture of water and detergent (as needed). Vacuum up what remains, adding small amounts of water to dilute the stain. Repeat until the carpet is clean.
- You can remove stubborn stains left after cleaning by moistening the affected area with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and letting it stand for one hour. Gently blot and repeat until clean.